Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Goodbyes are a little easier with good food...

This weekend was my friend Jess's last weekend at work. Therefore, we had a potluck Saturday and Sunday night. When we focus on the good food that everyone has brought, we don't have to think about being sad that one of our team is leaving :/

I had a recipe in mind for Saturday night (Kahlua Brown Sugar Baked Brie), but I would have to buy most of the ingredients and bake it before work. We usually don't pull out snacks until 11pm or later, not so good for brie baked at 530pm.

I had some fillo dough in my freezer that I wanted to use up, and thought that I could find a recipe for brie, brown sugar, and fillo dough. 'Googled' a few key words and found several recipes that were similar to what I was picturing in my head. I took pieces from each recipe and came up with these delicious bites!

Brown Sugar and Pecan Brie Bites

- Fillo dough sheets
- Brie, cubed into 1/2 in. pieces
- Pecans
- Brown sugar
- Strawberry jam, optional

 
1. Roll out fillo dough and cut into 1.5"-2" squares.
 
 
2. Form into mini muffin tins. Spray with olive oil if you have it. 

 
3. Place cubed Brie into each cup.


4. Top with 1/2 tsp brown sugar.

 
5. Top each with a pecan half.


 
6. Bake at 350* for 4-5 minutes, until cheese is melted and filo toasted.

 

 Optional spin- add strawberry or raspberry jam! I remembered the homemade strawberry jam in my refrigerator for my last batch :/ But if you add 1/2 tsp of jam instead of brown sugar, they may be even more delicious! It's a toss up, I ate many of both!



Sunday night. Again trying to use things I had. The farmer's market this week had great blueberries and Ina Garten has a blueberry crumb cake that I had been waiting to try- perfect! I used this recipe- Blueberry Crumb Cake!












 
                                                            



 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment