Friday, April 26, 2013

Chicken and Biscuits

Chicken and Biscuits. How Southern is that. I made dinner for Kathleen and I again tonight. I am thankful for a friend that allows me to try out new recipes on her every week! Luckily, the last couple have been successes :)

This recipe is from The Book Club Cookbook that I got from my aunt.
It has recipes from lots of popular books, like Caramel Cake from The Help and many others! This is Chicken Diablo from The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. This was one of the first dishes she learned to make. It was easy and delicious!

Rebecca Skloot's Chicken Diablo

- 1.5-2 lbs chicken pieces (I used chicken thighs)
- 4 Tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/4 C Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Curry powder
- pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 375*.


2. Pour melted butter into 9x13 inch baking dish. Add honey, Dijon mustard, Curry powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
 
 


3. Place chicken in dish and turn to coat on all sides.

4. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken cooked through and golden on top.


Winner winner chicken dinner! Kathleen approved :)




 



Biscuits- this was round 2. They tasted good but didn't rise up like they should have- will keep working on them and hopefully master them!







No comments:

Post a Comment