Monday, June 3, 2013

Drunken Shrimp and Buttery Lemon Parsley Noodles

I read a blog on "10 ways you are killing your blog without even knowing it" yesterday. The fact that my blog has a whole 5 readers is irrelevant. One of the ways to kill your blog's popularity is to not post pictures. Which I am beginning to excel at. Thus, another post without pictures.

Being a full time blogger has to be much harder than I give those people credit for. First, you have to cook all the time. Many weeks, cooking dinner just for myself if a challenge! Last week I was very thankful for frozen leftovers. And then you have to take pictures when you are cooking. Often I just forget to do this, but other times it is hard to stop your rhythm of cooking to snap a photo. Or taking that extra minute to grab my camera and get a good photo means food a little more "well-done." My amateur photography and blogging problems.

Today mom and I went antiquing in downtown Sweetwater, TN- a cute little town with tons of cute antique shops. And good ice cream too :) We found of neat stuff!

Dinner was two new recipes. One was Drunken Shrimp from the PICU cookbook. When I needed a quick side pasta, PW was there for me with Buttery Lemon Parsley Noodles.

Drunken Shrimp

- 2 lbs shrimp
- 2 C white wine
- 2 C mozzarella
- squeeze of lemon juice
- tarragon- or any herb (I used parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste

1. Saute the shrimp in the white wine until no longer pink.

2. Pour into a glass casserole dish, add herbs, and cover with mozzarella.

3. Bake at 350* until cheese is melted.

The family gave it good reviews, well there were no leftovers so, as always, I'm taking that as a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment