Monday, September 30, 2013

How many times have I seen, you give me just what I need

So many times this week, I have been reminded of just that. I have been aboard the Africa Mercy for a month. While each day becomes easier, I am coming to terms with the fact that I may never be completely comfortable here. Maybe I am not called to be. But for every moment of uncertainty, there is a reminder.

  ~ A friend who makes a Pumpkin Spice Latte that tastes so deliciously of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove that I forget my view is not of leaves changing to the colors of fall


  ~ And delivers said PSL heaven to me on night shift

  ~ Biking through the streets of our new town with new friends, then relaxing by the pool, talking and learning their stories
















   ~ Talented friends who play piano and guitar

   ~ Hearing the voices of night shift friends from home

   ~ Friday night dinner of bar-b-que pork and mac n' cheese, eaten out on the top deck watching the sunset on one of our few clear days

   ~ Night shifts, with good friends and one 8-year-old who would rather watch The Little Mermaid than sleep at 3am

   ~ Phone calls from family and friends

   ~ Patients who insist on being called "King of the Ward"

   ~ Cleft lip little ones with silky smooth baby skin and steri-strip whiskers

 
 
   ~ Another Sunday morning brunch (recipes coming!), with friends that are becoming family who look out for each other on board this home away from home


I am forgetful, but He is constant and He is relentlessly reminding me of His love.


"Know By Now" - Josh Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment