Saturday, January 19, 2013

Friends and Food Friday!

I has signed up to make dinner for a family at work tonight, and this was a recipe that looked pretty easy and yummy! The recipe was easy to split, so I made a second pan for Virginia and I for dinner tonight. Our Friday evening activities included a trip to JoAnn's to stock up on craft supplies- 40% off sale- and I had coupons ;) Virginia has been quilting away lately - she got fabric for the quilt she is working on and she helped me pick out supplies for my next project!

DInner was Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole- a recipe from my Meals on Wheels cookbook. It was quick to put together and the results were fantastic!

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (10oz) can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 (10oz) can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 8oz sour cream
- 2 Tbs poppy seeds
- 4 Tbs butter, cubed

1) Spread half of Ritz crackers on bottom of 9x13in casserole dish. Dot with half of butter cubes. Spread chicken over crackers.

2) In a separate bowl, stir together soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds. Pour over chicken.

3) Cover with remaining Ritz crackers and dot with remaining butter.

4) Bake covered at 350* for 25 min. Uncover and continue baking for 5 more minutes, or until crackers slightly browned.

Serve over rice.

    - I used 2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup instead of mushroom because I was making
      this dinner for a family with kids. Or because I accidently bought 2 cans of Cream
      of Chicken and forgot the Cream of Mushroom...

    - You could also melt the butter and toss the crackers in it for more even browning.

No pictures, I forgot and we were pretty hungry by the time it was ready!

But I do have pictures of our dessert :)

Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Bites

1 1/2 C crushed graham crackers
1 C peanut butter
melted semi-sweet chocolate
mini chocolate chips or crushed Heath bars

Mix graham crackers and peanut butter. Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Chill for 30 min.

Melt chocolate in microwave. Roll each bite in chocolate and sprinkle with mini chips or Heath bar. Return to refrigerator until firm and ready to serve.


DSC_0695.JPG


 


My brother and our friends from college arrived not long after we made these. He is a chocolate/peanut butter expert- they passed his (and everyone's) taste test so they are a keeper! 






No comments:

Post a Comment