Monday, January 28, 2013

Full moons and White Cream Sauce

 
This is what the moon looked like Saturday night before work....



And this is what my kitchen looked like Saturday night before work....







I usually don't cook on nights before work, but I still had lots of fresh pasta left over from the ragu earlier in the week and needed something to top it with for the rest of my nights at work.


I did a quick google search to find a recipe for an easy sauce that used ingredients I already had, and based my sauce of these. I am very wary of not using a recipe, never had much luck in 'just throwing things together.' Always a first time.

Quick White Cream Sauce

- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs flour
- salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese

1) Melt butter in small saucepan and whisk flour into it. Cook for 2 minutes.
2) Slowly add heavy cream and milk, whisking continually.
3) Add in a pinch of salt and pepper, and some Italian seasoning, to taste.
4) Add in Parmesan cheese at the very end and stir until melted. Serve over pasta!



I had some Italian sausage and spinach that I sauteed up and mixed with the sauce as well! And it was pretty tasty if I don't say so myself ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment